Windows 8 – This is the operating system is Windows, rethought and constructed on the basis of rapid and reliable Windows 7. With a completely new interface for sensor devices. New Windows for new devices. You can try right now – regardless of whether you are installing it the first time or upgrading from Windows 8 Release Preview. The Surface tablets has spurred a debate in The IT world with most entrepreneurs happy with the innovation as they foresee their companies getting the right platform for optimized and consumer friendly IT systems or applications. The current chief operating officer, Tony Grace of Virgin Media business lead the IT fraternity to applauds the move made by Microsoft Inc. Integrating Enterprise and consumer application, the supportive device has transformed consumer-business relationship. The desktop application has opened up maximizing on the business service by the consumer imploring the features that come with the Surface tablet.
Windows 8 works great on the same hardware that powers Windows 7:
Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
To use touch, you need a tablet or monitor that supports multitouch
To access Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active
Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
know more about Microsoft Windows 8
• RT will come pre-installed with some trials of the touch editions of Microsoft Office software Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote, this does not come pre-installed on any other edition.
• Windows Media Center is no longer included with any edition of Windows 8, but it can be purchased via an add-in on Windows 8 Pro.
• All editions come with the standard apps, Mail, Calendar, People, Messaging, Photos, Reader, Music, Video and SkyDrive.
• Any editions (at retail) will be available in European markets designated “Windows 8 N” or “Pro N” etc, these indicate that the edition does not come preinstalled with Windows Media Player.
I’m looking to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 8, will I need to do a fresh install?
• No Windows 7 devices can be upgraded to Windows 8 RT.
• Windows 7 Starter, Basic or Premium will upgrade to Windows 8 or Windows 8 Pro.
• Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate will upgrade to Windows 8 Pro, but only Windows 7 Professional can be upgraded to Windows 8 Enterprise, Windows 7 Ultimate can not.
• Windows 7 Enterprise will only upgrade to Windows 8 Enterprise.
• If going from a IA-32 or X64 or Windows 7, you must upgrade to the matching IA-32 or X64 edition of windows 8
|Computer and Processor||1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster|
||16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)|
|Graphics||Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher|
|Display||at least 1024 x 768|
|Memory||1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)|
There are no reviews yet.